Friday, 09 July 2010

Educator's talk

Hey hey,

I am (thesis) writing these days. Tomorrow I'll hopefully receive a new labtop in the mail. I will then annoy you all with capital "n"s... Believe me!!!

These days are devoted to communication! Lots of chats to people at the dog parks, children on the streets, on trains... Interesting, amusing, inspiring...
We survived the ride home after the soccer match :)! I am really proud. Generally I think we are doing really good, she's calming down more & more whilst we continue to "practice" (My favourite German sentence: "Ja, das üben wir noch!!").
I have now set a new goals because I want her to learn "Stay", "Back" and wait at street crossings for me to walk ahead, check the street and then run across at my signal. I also think it might be cool if she walked behind me on stairs... Goals coming up! Maybe I'll even train her to run without a leash on the sidwalk while I bike on the street... (General biking with her on the leash is going really well though). Some chick told me today her dog brings the keys, its plate, switches the light on and off... I like all those ideas! Let's tire her brains out ;)!

Before I forgot, I am rereading this book at the moment and I highly recommend it to any people with dogs (Amazon not obligatory, of course and it exists in German, too "Das andere Ende der Leine").
It has really shaped my behaviour towards Zora!

Today we visited her most amazing dog sitter, who gave ine of us food & ice cream & plants!!! What can I say?? We then biked on to Tempelhof, where we met a really cool couple with two dogs who are as crazy (if not worse) as Zora!! The male dog even used to walk past people and pee at them!! I love that story! I am so lucky with my silly dumb dog ;)! And I must say that I do love Tempelhof. Mental note to take my camera along to take pics and share my excitement...

These days are filled with work, so busy, but they are good. I am still glad I took the step. Or in my case a major jump ;(. And I might talk too much about her at times. This is why I now put it all into my blog.
I am so proud that she's calm at home, that she can stay alone alright - on a few occasions for longer, too, that she plays so friendly with all dogs, lets me call her in between (unless of course there is a ball... BALL BALL BALL), doesn't chase stuff (except for pidgins), kisses Barnie on command (seriously the cutest thing ever), always has a smirk about her... and yes, she does go after the cute joggers for me :).

So all in all, life is really good. All I need to do is finish my three chapters and my scholarship application in 2 weeks. But yeah. I can do that. Maybe I'll teach Zora to write, too. (Today she "understood" the spelt out B-A-L-L at the dog park and people made fun of me, when I said I'd train her everyday and said, "Zora, S-I-T!". They laughed and I used that occasion to point out that I am raising her bilingually. not sure if everyone caught on though)

hehe

Time for sleep. Tomorrow morning we are meeting Emma & her person for a morning walk. Yes, it takes all of Berlin to raise us :)

Cheerio...

No comments:

Post a Comment