Monday, 07 June 2010

Finally!

Hey hey,

it is June 7th and while I should be busy doing other things, I have enjoyed a marvellous, yes marvellous, day out in the sun with friends. now I have finally initiated my blog, a thing that my two contemporary Aussi and Irish roomies have encouraged me to do ever since I have been nagging at them with my stories. And here we'll go, writing away, for the whole world to read or not, it doesn't matter.

Design is far from perfect as I have no clue and it is not the point, i want to write.

Zora, my dog as of 2 months and a week maybe, has made me leave my appartment so many more times and has let me explore all kinds of areas in Berlin. It is a wonderfully bewildering dog society down here in the heart of neukoelln. And you need a dog to see that side.

Just today an old retired punk in a wheel chair stopped me to tell me a (highly inappropriate) joke. Was something about an old blind lady and a young guy and a penis. Oh well. Where else do you get that before breakfast?
The other day I had somebody threaten me to shoot Zora with his gun (secured in his belt, so who knows if it was actually a gun) if I let her off the leash.
I have had an hour and a half long talk with a wonderful old man on the new dog ground of Tempelhof whose father had worked on it and became exactly as old as the former airport (105 years). What an inspiring encounter!! (Whilst Zora was playing with his 8month old Labrador and the two crashed into me at full speed... My full front leg is still purple and blue).
I saw a Turkish mother in her traditional outfit and veiled and her three daughters sit in the middle of a park and she sat them down with their toys on the bench while I was playing with balls and Zora. A few minutes later she had started to jog in large circles around their children, following the way around the small lawn in the park, waving at them behind every bush. Talk about trying to get fit and yet keeping true to your culture. And she had her eyes on the girls at all times, who would giggle and squeek at her whenever she came out behind the bush. It was priceless.
In the very same little park, I have met a bum, Jacob, who is Zora's and my friend now :) and greets us very enthusiastically every time he sees us, tells me about his life in France and loves Zora.
I have had a guy give Zora the dog biscuits his own dog didn't like and then eating them himself, pointing out to me that they are the best quality... (Glad he didn't offer me one!)
We have spent hours in the middle of Tempelhof airport, all alone, believing we are somewhere in the prairies...
I got cursed in what was presumably Turkish two days ago by a mother two days ago because Zo looked at her children. But over the two months so far, we have had many children of diverse nationalities come up and pet her, proving that she's actually not that bad though ;).
Oh, there is McGuiver, a guy who got a puppy, the same day I got her. Yet he knows so much more about dog training than me and he has all the tools :). (He's awesome). Zora has a couple of dog friends already, generally speaking, she's much more popular and cuter than me ;), I am trying to keep up though.

I have met beautiful people through her who are starting to become friends.
This blog is about all of them and about Berlin, the city we live in and that I love and hate so much at the same time.

More to follow after the next walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment